Our elite Board and Train program offers several advantages.
- Your dog will live in our home as one of our own dogs – not a sterile and crowded kennel – and learn in a home environment where they would typically struggle with their obedience or behavioral problems.
- Your dog will receive training throughout the day, and experience “real world” scenarios such as bringing in the groceries, doing laundry, vacuuming, yard work, cleaning the house. We will teach them how to be a member of the family that you can enjoy and involve in your daily life.
- They will learn, schedules, feeding times, manners such as waiting at doorways, sitting automatically, basic obedience, household rules and respect, socializing with all sizes of dogs and cats, as well as proper greeting and socializing with humans.
- We limit the number of dogs that we have at one time to ensure a better focus on your dog. This allows us to give them the time and attention that they deserve.
- Our board and train programs are designed for the busy family or person. Once your dog comes home, all you have to do is maintain their training. It’s for folks that want the luxury of having a well mannered dog, but don’t have the time or expertise to train their dog themselves.
- This program is also ideal for dogs who require specialized training due to their fear, aggression, biting etc., as it allows us to focus on helping your dog make better choices and regain their confidence.
If your dog is leash reactive, dog or human aggressive, struggles with more than a couple of small behavior issues or you want them off-leash e-collar trained, then you and your dog will achieve the most success through board & train.
Board and train takes your dog out of their routine, familiar and habitual processes and hits the “reset” button. Time and consistency, along with the right tools and guidance, are the keys to achieving big time change in a shorter period of time.
First thing in the morning, all dogs go out for their morning potty break and then come back in for their breakfast. We let them rest for about an hour and then we get started with their training.
Dogs have several hours of hands-on training, alternating between active commands, duration work, socialization with our balanced pack (client’s dogs will not be in danger of interacting with dangerous dogs), and specific behavior modification.
They will also receive plenty of rest, down time, and personal one-on-one attention. Your dog will enjoy two 15 minute play periods where they will get to play in our fenced in yard. You dog’s safety is our number one priority.
Read more about our board & train dog training program.
The tools we use are the mainstay of modern dog training, and the same tools that top trainers around the world rely on to produce amazing results. They are very effective in allowing your dog to become more balanced. They are not intended to intimidate your dog, but rather to guide it to make better choices, and allow them to reach their full potential.
- Slip leads
- Prong collars
- Martingale collars
- Pet Convincer
- Bark collars
- Your dog should be wearing a “flat collar” – that is, their everyday collar that has their tags on them,
- dog food for the length of their stay
- vaccination / shot records,
- a copy of their rabies certificate,
- any flea, tick or heart worm medication scheduled to be administered while your dog is with us,
- any other medications you need us to administer while your dog is with us.